EQUINE THERAPY SUPPORTING CONCERT TOUR KICKS OFF IN MARANA
Agape Acres Therapeutic Riding Center to Fundraise with Family-Friendly Night of Food, Fun and “One-Man Rock & Country Music Show” on March 23
- Scott Helmer is a singer, songwriter, musician, and Guinness World Records
title holder for "Most Live Music Performances in 24 Hours (multiple cities)."
Since 2012 his special fundraising concerts have helped raise more than $2 Million Dollars for good causes across America ranging from military veterans and their families, equine-assisted therapy, suicide prevention, first responders, pet and animal rescues, food banks, historic places, special needs children and adults, and more.
Helmer has also opened for iconic acts like Heart, Eddie Money, 3 Doors Down, Jeff Bridges, Big Country and Eric Burdon & The Animals.
Beginning on March 23, 2019 at Agape Acres Therapeutic Riding Center
in Marana, Ariz., the entertainer will kick off his year-long charity concert tour that will help equine-assisted activity and therapy organizations across America raise money and awareness for their important work.
WATCH • Scott Helmer's "One-Man Rock & Country Music Show" (Official Commercial)
Founded in 2014 by Brian and Janie Nelson who then spent the next three years obtaining the necessary certifications and degrees, Agape Acres
, a PATH International Member Center
has provided the miracle of equine therapy to children with special needs in the Missile Base and Rural Marana communities, regardless of their ability to pay since 2016.
To further serve the community 2019 marks the beginning of their new Equine Services for Heroes
program aimed at helping our nation’s veterans and active-duty service members. Janie’s husband and co-founder of Agape, Brian Nelson served in the Navy for 4 years and retired from 27 total years of service in 2015. He was a CBP Air and Marine Helicopter Pilot with the Border Patrol.
Agape’s fundraising goal for the March 23 event is $20,000
with 100% of money raised going to feed and care for the horses. “It costs $18,000 per year to feed our herd, not counting the vet bills,” says Janie Nelson, Agape Acres co-founder and Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor. “Covering the costs to feed our herd for an entire year will allow us to dedicate all other money received from donations, lessons and sponsorship throughout the year to development of the Riding center, vet bills and more!”
Brian Nelson holds an Equine Science Academy degree and adds, “our goal is to be 100% grant, donor and sponsor funded in order to continue providing EAAT and EAL programs with our therapy horses to veterans, active-duty military members, and special needs kids, regardless of their ability to pay.”
All ages are invited to attend and support this family-friendly fundraising event. Here’s what you need to know:
- WHAT: Agape Acres Benefit Concert featuring Scott Helmer’s “One-Man Rock & Country Music Show.”
- WHEN: March 23, 2019. Doors open and event begins at 4 pm - concert at 6 pm.
- WHERE: Agape Acres Therapeutic Riding Center • 37603 South Staghorn Lane, Marana, AZ 85658
- COST: Admission to the event and concert includes dinner and refreshments. Advance tickets are $55 for adults/ $45 for children • BUY TICKETS HERE
- EVENT ALSO INCLUDES fun kids activities, silent auction and a chance to win one of Scott Helmer’s guitars!
To become a sponsor for this event please contact Agape Acres directly via the form on their website
or call Janie Nelson at (520) 576-0898. To make a direct donation to Agape Acres please click the DONATE button found here
Scott Helmer’s tour ends December 31, 2019, new dates are being added each day but the deadline to book a concert in 2019 is February 15. Equine-assisted activity and therapy organizations that would like to fundraise alongside his “One-Man Rock & Country Music Show,”
which is suitable for all ages can learn more and register at his FUNDRAISER BOOKING REQUEST PAGE
Helmer’s entire mission of using his music and comeback story to make a difference was born after making mistakes in his own life, facing time in prison and being seconds away from committing suicide. Learn more at his website
Upcoming Scott Helmer concerts to benefit equine therapy organizations across America include:
- Agape Acres (Marana, AZ) • March 23
- New Freedom Farm (Buchanan, VA) • April 6
- Back Bay Therapeutic Riding Club (Newport Beach, CA) • May 19
- Baraboo River Equine-Assisted Therapies (Baraboo, WI) • July 6
- Lee-Mar Ranch Equine Center (Granite Falls, MN) • July 20
- Dayspring Therapeutic Equestrian Center (Marshall, TX) • September 28
- Pal-O-Mine Equestrian (Islandia, NY) • October 13
- Horse SenseAbility (Sherborn, MA) • October 19